West Bengal PSC 2022 examination notification for recruitment in different departments of the State Government has been released. This exam recruits for positions like, Assistant Engineer, Library Assistant in Legislative Assembly, Audit and Accounts service, etc. under the West Bengal State Government for the year 2022. However, the recruitment and the appointment process is subject to approval of the West Bengal State Government. In the last couple of years, the examination was not conducted due to the pandemic that was set in motion by the Covid-19 virus.
Examination Process for West Bengal PSC 2022
The examination happens once a year subject to the Commission’s notification of the exam date. The examination happens in 3 stages namely, Preliminary, Mains and Interview. The prelims consist of 1 paper followed by the Mains, which has a total of 8 papers. The 8 papers of the Mains exam have 6 compulsory and 2 optional papers. Questions asked in the Mains combine both Multiple choice and descriptive questions.
- Candidates must be a citizen of India (by birth or by way of registration).
- Candidates must be of good physical and mental health.
- Candidates should be able to read, write and speak in Bengali, except those who have Nepali mother tongue.
- Candidates in General Category should be within 21-36 years of age. The age limit for SC/ST candidates has a 5-year relaxation, while the non-creamy layer OBC has 3 years’ relaxation. For PwD (Person with Disabilities), the upper age limit is 45 to qualify for West Bengal PSC 2022.
- Candidates can apply online from the WB PSC website pscwbapplication.in, provided they meet the eligibility criteria.
- Application fees of Rs.230/- needs to be paid if the candidate is applying online and Rs.215/- for offline mode.
- Candidates falling in SC/ST and/or PwD quota are exempted from paying application fees.
If you like our blog and posts, please share it with your friends and spread the word. Please feel free to share your suggestions and feedbacks in our contact and help us to improve at this.
Comments are closed.