The Department of Posts under the Government of India is accepting applications for various positions through Post Office recruitment 2023 examination. The notification from the concerned department has been released for positions which include, Gamin Dak Sevak, Branch Postmaster and Assistant Branch Postmaster. The details on the recruitment process is also available on the Postal Department website as well.
Examination Pattern for Post Office recruitment 2023 exam
The examination pattern for the Gramin Dak Sevak position comprises of 1 written examination of 2 hours’ duration. The test can be attempted in English or any other vernacular language based on the region. The subjects covered in the exam include, GK Reasoning Analytical Ability, Maths, English and Hindi with a total of 100 questions for 100 marks. The marks obtained by the candidate in their Matriculation or Class X exam also carries significant weightage along with the marks obtained in the written exam during the preparation of the final merit list.
To be eligible to appear for the Post Office recruitment 2023 exam, the candidates need to match the below criteria: –
- Candidates must have secured pass marks in the Matriculation or SSC (Class X) exam from a recognized State or Central education board with Maths and English as compulsory or elective subjects.
- Candidates also need to have one local language included as a subject in their Class X exam.
- Candidates must have a Basic Computer Training Certificate for a minimum duration of 2 months from any institute that is affiliated under the State or Central Government, or any recognized institution.
- Candidates should fall in the age group ranging from 18-40 years, however, relaxations on age for reserved categories is applicable.
- Candidates must also know cycling and can read, write and speak in any regional language.
- Candidates can visit the Postal department website to apply for the above position.
- Once on the website, candidates can click on the Registration tab and enter their personal details to complete the registration process and pay the application fees online to complete the process.
If you like our blog and posts, please share it with your friends and spread the word. Please feel free to share your suggestions and feedbacks in our contact and help us to improve at this.