The NTA (National test Agency) is responsible for conducting the NET UGC 2023 exam, which is the selection examination for JRF (Junior Research Fellowship) and Assistant Professor has released the exam schedule for the year 2023. Please find below the consolidated details of the same:
Online registration and submission of the Application Form (complete in all respect) through the NTA Website: https://ugcnet.nta.nic.in
29 December 2022 to 17 January 2023 (upto to 05:00 P.M)
Last date for successful transaction of Examination fee (through
18 January 2023
Fee Payable for UGC-NET December 2022
Scheduled Caste (SC) / Scheduled Tribes (ST) / Person
Applicable service/processing charges & GST over and above the Examination Fee, are to be
Correction in the Particulars of Application Form online only
19 to 20 January 2023
Intimation of Cities of exam centers
First week of February 2023
Downloading of Admit Card by the Candidate from NTA
Second week of February 2023
Dates of Examination
21 February 2023 to 10 March 2023
Duration of Examination
180 minutes (03 hours) No break between Paper 1 & Paper 2
Timing of Examination
| First Shift:|
09.00 am to 12.00 pm
Exam Centre, Date and Shift
As indicated on the Admit Card
Display of Recorded Responses and Provisional Answer Keys on the Website for inviting challenge(s) from Interested candidates.
To be announced later on the website
Declaration of Result on NTA website
To be announced later on website
NTA UGC NET Exam Subject
|Subject Name||Code||Subject Name|
|Defense and Strategies Studies||12||Home Science|
|Population Studies||16||Hindustani Music|
Adult Education / Continuing Education / Androgyny / Non-Formal Education
Arab Culture and Islamic Studies
|Indian Culture||55||Labour Welfare / Personal Management / Industrial Relaton / Labour and Social Welfare / Human Resource Management|
|Library and Information Science||60|
|–||62||Comparative Study of Religious|
|63||Mass Communication and Journalism||85|
|Dance||66||Musicology and Conservation|
|70||Tribal and Regional Language|
|Sanskrit Traditional Language||74||Women Studies|
|Social Medicine and Community Health||82||Forensic Science|
|Computer Science and Application||88||Electronics Science|
International and Area Studies
|Prakrit||92||Human Right and Duties|
|93||Tourism Administration and Management||94|
|Drama / Theater||100|
Examination Pattern for the NET UGC 2023 exam
The examination is a CBT (Computer based Test) consisting of 2 Papers, Paper 1 and Paper 2 having Multiple choice objective type questions. Paper 1 for 100 marks, is aimed to evaluate the teaching and the research capabilities of the candidate and Paper 2 for 200 marks is for the assessment of the candidate’s domain knowledge.
- Candidates applying for the JRF (Junior Research Fellowships) should not be more than 31 years of age as on date. However, relaxations are applicable for reserved category candidates.
- Candidates applying for Assistant Professor don’t have any upper age limit.
- Candidates should have completed the Master’s Degree in the relevant subject with minimum 55% marks from a recognized University to be eligible to appear for the NET UGC 2023 exam.
- Candidates can visit the UGC website or the NTA website and fill up the online application.
- Candidates can follow the online instructions for eligibility criteria and the on-screen instructions to fill up the application form and then pay the application fees to complete the process.
- For UGC Website, Click Here.
- For NTA Website, Click Here.
- For job notifications, Click Here.
If you like our blog and posts, please share them with your friends and spread the word. Please feel free to share your suggestions and feedback in our contact and help us to improve at this.