NEET Exam or National Eligibility cum Entrance test which was formerly known as All India Pre-Medical Test (AIPMT) is for candidates who want to pursue medical studies like MBBS, BDS and AYUSH. AYUSH involves studying Homeopathy, Unani or Ayurvedic medical courses at the undergraduate level. The exam is conducted on 3 subjects namely, Physics, Chemistry and Biology and is a multiple choice objective type exam. Exam in Biology is further divided into 2 sections, Botany and Zoology. Admissions to reputed medical institutions like AIIMS, New Delhi and AFMC, Pune happen through this very exam.
Examination Stages: –
The examination comprises of 3 subjects (Physics, Chemistry, Biology) and each subject has 2 sections.
- Section A: – This particular section comprises of 35 questions in each subject with all questions being compulsory. The total marks for this section in each subject are 140.
- Section B: – This section has 15 questions in each subject out of which 10 are to be answered. The total marks for this section in each subject are 40.
Registration process for the NEET Exam: –
The registration process for NEET can be done online by following the below mentioned steps: –
- To register for the exam, the candidates are required to visit the NEET website (neet.nic.in)
- Once on the website, the candidate need to fill up the NEET application form available in the website.
- Required documents need to be uploaded as per instructions in the website.
- Payment for the application fees are to be done after the above mentioned steps to complete the registration process.
Step-by-step details for the application process can also be found on this link.
For appearing in the NEET Exam, the candidates have to meet the following criteria: –
- The candidates are expected to have secured pass marks in 10+2 or equivalent examination in Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Biotechnology and English.
- The lower age limit for appearing in the exam is 17. However, there are no maximum age limit as per official notification issued in March,2022.
If you like our blog and posts, please share it with your friends and spread the word. Please feel free to share your suggestions and feedbacks in our contact and help us to improve at this.